About Me

My photo
Bookish. Publisher at Louise Walters Books. Reader, writer, and editor.

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Twitter love and a new book

I have 19 books on my TBR pile and I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more until they are all read. Ah-em:

 
I just couldn't resist! 

I wanted to give Hive a go ... http://www.hive.co.uk

So I ordered this book last week and collected it today from my local indie bookstore. And it gets even better ... I Tweeted about Rumer Godden and  her great grand-daughter Tweeted me, saying how nice it was to hear people praise Rumer Godden's work. I am thrilled by that. You really can't beat Twitter for surprise interactions with interesting people. 

So, now I have to decide where Black Narcissus fits into my TBR pile. I just can't leave it languishing at the bottom ... I get the feeling this one will push in. And what about that title? It's great isn't it? Black Narcissus. It's mysterious, intriguing and beautiful. Can not wait to read this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment