The lovely Anita Chapman at http://www.neetswriter.com has nominated my blog for a Liebster award. Thank you Anita :)
- Thank Liebster Blog Award nominator on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you;
- Answer the eleven questions from the nominator;
- List eleven random facts about yourself;
- Present the Liebster Blog Award to up to eleven blogs and let them know they’ve been chosen;
- Pass on the eleven questions to your nominees, or create new ones;
- Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
Here are my answers to Anita's questions!
1. What's your favourite novel and what do you love about it? The only way to answer this is to pretend I'm on Desert Island Discs and can only take one book with me. I would have to take Jane Eyre. It's got everything: romance, Romance, intrigue, a dash of horror, suspense, humour, a satisfying ending and it's literary but readable. The ultimate page turner!
2. Do you have any pet peeves in fiction? I do. Preposterous story lines that make me say Oh, Please! I'm not going to specify any novels. (I do enjoy preposterous story lines that don't make me say Oh, Please!)
3. What are you most proud of? My children and their on-going achievements.
4. Your most and least favourite people in history? Henry the 8th wasn't very nice, but probably agree with Anita regarding Hitler and Churchill. Churchill must have felt that he really did have the weight of the world on his shoulders. I certainly wouldn't have begrudged him his cigars and brandy :)
5. The country, city or other place you'd most like to visit? I'm not much of a traveller (see number 10 below) but I'd love to visit New York City.
6. Which five people would you like to meet (dead, alive or fictional)? Charlotte Bronte, Emily Bronte, Anne Bronte, Jane Austen (there's a pattern developing here), and the rest of Abba (see number 2 in random facts below). The rest of Abba will have to count as one person if that's allowed?
7. What makes you laugh the most? My daughter and I have a similar sense of humour and I love it when one of us says or does something random and it tickles us, and we're off. Nobody else would find it funny, but we do.
8. If you could know the future, what would you wish for? For me and all my loved ones and friends to live very long and very healthy lives.
9. If you won the lottery and could donate money to charity, which charity would you choose and why? The Brittle Bone Society. A fantastic charity that helps people affected by Osteogenesis Imperfecta. I would give them shed loads of cash if I won the lottery!
10. Do you suffer from any little phobias or superstitions? Spiders and flying, in that order probably.
11. What's your favourite guilty pleasure? Abba and The Mamma Mia movie.
Eleven random facts about me:
1. I have never flown.
2. I have met Bjorn from Abba.
3. I have a lazy eye, but it doesn't show, so I'm told.
4. It took me 4 attempts to pass my driving test.
5. Until my great grandmother died at the age of 103, there were 5 living generations in my family.
6. I used to be a punk rocker, well, I thought I was a punk rocker. A wannabe, really.
7. I still love punk music and that will never change.
8. I always wanted to be a writer, I just didn't admit it for a long time.
9. I have peered through a hole in the fence of Parson's Pleasure in Oxford (a punk-days adventure)
10. I have always longed for a sister
11. I had a cardiac ablation in 2009 due to SVT (Supra ventricular tachycardia) and during the procedure my heart rate got up to 280bpm. (The ablation cured me, thank goodness).
Hope you're still awake!
I'm going to pass the Liebster on to the following blogs if they have the time to take part: