About Me

My photo
Bookish. Publisher at Louise Walters Books. Reader, writer, and editor.

Thursday 3 October 2013

The proof of the pudding ...

I have a proof copy of my novel! Yes, they're printed and getting out there... so now I'm getting nervous, because "real" readers, with no bias or affiliation, no axes to grind, and with no personal connection to me, are going to read my story... and say what they think. It's a scary moment for any writer, as well as an exhilarating one. It's really happening... and actually, it's a privilege to be where I am right now, and I won't forget that.




The funny thing is, I'm still working on edits... the USA copy edit came back to me last week, so I've been busy with that. That edit has thrown up a couple of errors in the UK edition, so there will be a few changes by the time the hardback is published here in February. Such a convoluted process, I had no idea... but fun, a lot of fun, and a steep learning curve for me... I keep having those "next time I'll do things differently" moments. 



My baby born at last...it's been a long gestation



2 comments: